Art is everywhere







We had a tour of Robin Hopper's garden at Chosin Pottery. It is really a sanctuary for people to wander and view art and nature. Understanding the garden helps me to understand the brushwork on Robin's work. I came home with a very nice parabolic bottle that I think is a fine example of Robin's work. In his introduction of me he mentioned a friendship that spans over 30 years. I knew he was turning 70 but I surely can't be over 42.
I just have to show you the progress of one of my students. Linda in her introduction said she had never thrown more than 5 lbs of clay. here is a pic of her with 25 lbs well under control. I allowed her the use of the Giffen grip to hold her bat in place since she had no bat pins. The grip for the scale we were working on would be pretty much useless for trimming.

Comments

Popular Posts