A cat with rats breath





Yesterday I went to visit my buddy Ronnie the Rat Meyers and wife Hester at their cottage on Lake Erie. We had a great fish fry of Lake Erie perch in a beer batter and chased with a finger or two of George Dickle bourbon. I told Ron his cats had rats breath as there seems to be an abundance of rats on Ron's pots. I once asked Ron who would buy a pot with a rat on it. He said there are more rats than people in New York City and New Yorkers buy every rat he makes.
Friends that were there besides Ron and Hester where Jacques Israelivitch and his wife Gabrielle ( Jacques was the former Concert Master of the Toronto Symphony and he and Gabrielle are pot lovers extraordinaire. Jacques is now a Prof at York. Also Marv Bjurlin Prof Emeritus from SUNY - Fredonia and his partner Tina. I seem to find myself hanging out with all these profs.

Comments

Togeika said…
Tony, at a dinner in Stillwater, Nancy MacKenzie was serving tea in a big cat/rat teapot made by Ron. She explained, that she bought it after seeing a photo of the work of "the cat side" as she was reviewing slides for a show of Ron's, I think it was at the Wiseman. She said she was surprised when she saw "the rat side." :^)
FetishGhost said…
Looks like alot of great stories sitting around the table...
Linda Starr said…
what personality that cat pot has.
richard aerni said…
Hmmmph, well, I guess that's what your MFA will get you. Shall I tell you about my fish dinner with Carolyn and Yoshi the wonder Sheba Inu? No profs there...
SS Robison said…
Perch with Ron and Hester! MAn I am so envious. I love Perch and I love Ron and Hester!

Popular Posts