Small steps


I find I have to stick with a particular form for a while to figure out some of the nuances that make the piece satisfy me.  Watching the students at school their progress seems to roar. Mine after so many decades is more subtle and goes in small blimps. So I repeated the ewers today and made improvements to the foot and wanted to show you the difference between the stamp and the roulette's. I have yet to throw thick enough to get a good impression in the clay with the roulette's. Perhaps it's just a matter of timing. I trimmed the flat disk feet which makes me happier as I like a finished foot. We are planning a wood firing at the school so I hope to get 2 or 3 gooduns in the kiln. The saucer foot is a great receptacle for a ash deposit on the run.

Comments

Sunshine said…
Looking good Tony! They are very sweet looking ewers!
smokieclennell said…
Sunshine: Thanx you know how much I like your work. Hope all is well. tc
Bill Perrine said…
Cool ewers! They almost have a Victorian look to them. Like the contrast of surfaces in your work.
bfreeceramics said…
how do you know when to stop exploring a new form like that? do you feel like it's finished? do you get bored?? move onto other things? how can you be satisfied and then say, ok..i'm done now.. at least for a little bit.
Anonymous said…
Those spouts look like little peckers...LOL
Natalie Thiele said…
I agree with anonymous, it's part of their over all fabulousness!

Popular Posts