Lost in translation

While on the beach in Cuba I did some sketches of some jars with pulled handles coming from the big loop handles I had started doing a day or two before I left. I couldn't wait to put this sketch together hence my getting up in the middle of the night to get to the pieces. Well sometimes a sketch on paper doesn't translate all that well in reality. I have often used the wheel as a sketch pad instead of a piece of paper. In this case my idea was about the handles and not the form. Perhaps a lesson here is that first attempts don't always produce what is in your mind's eye. There may also be another lesson here for me. Don't give up! I need to keep revisiting this idea. When a simple component such as the handle can hold your


attention for so many years I guess it's worth giving a bit more time.

Comments

Annied01 said…
these look good to me ! I look forward to seeing them finished. I could see a little subtle action of glaze breaking on the center ridge of this handle...
Barbara Rogers said…
I love big bloop handles...keep pulling and sharing here in blogland.
Barbara Rogers said…
typo, excuse me, not Bloop, but Loop handles. Barb
gz said…
I don't know....bloop handles sound fun!
Converting 3D to 2D and back again...not easy, but love seeing the process.
Becki Jo said…
Great pottery! My hubby is just finishing my pottery "shed". So excited to get all my equipment in there and get started again!

Popular Posts