I thought I knew how to throw.

I really feel humbled hanging out with these Korean masters. It is no wonder the Japanese kidnapped the Korean potters to make their pots. I've seen great Italian and Chinese potters but the Koreans are amazing. Everything I do they do the opposite. I watched a couple of Korean potters making their traditional moon jars and it blew my mind. It starts out with a tall column the height the jar is going to be and then it is opened down thru the column. I almost don't want to make I feel like such an amateur. I need to get home to try out some of the things I've seen. I ain't gonna do it in front of them cause I've been billed as a master. We're off to the Biennial , the tool factory and then a big dinner with the Icheon city councilor. This dinner is also further evidence of the red carpet service being extended to our group of potters. This is truly an amazing experience. Our leader Unha Yi Hill is soooooooooo fantastic at opening doors for us.



Comments

Cambria Pottery said…
What a great opportunity to learn and share.
Unknown said…
Sounds like an AMAZING trip!
ShellHawk said…
I'm so happy for you that you get to participate and learn new things! It's what keeps us fresh and eager to get to work every day!
Togeika said…
Tiny, especially on an easy peasy electric wheel. Check out a Mungyeong Master on aKorean Kick wheel.
https://youtu.be/9lIULNlDVD4

Popular Posts