Bon Jorno from Chiantishire



I haven’t dropped off the face of the earth but I have been super busy with some long days and nights.   We have a mixed combination of students from intermediate to having never touched clay before.  There a great melting pot of cultures in the room that add to the flavour of the Tuscan stew.
There are some great ingredients from these parts of the world- America, Canada, Israel, Korea, Spain and Slovenia.  We have moved a lot of clay in the past 4 days. Even our newbie from Israel who had never touched clay before threw 12 bowls yesterday. She said she is sleeping like never before because she is so excited and emotionally centered on the projects of the day.

Of course the meals have been out of this world. I must say the Mediterranean diet is my all time favourite.  We have gone out for a couple of dinners together and a wonderful wine tasting that included beautiful olive olls, breads and salads. We had a late night last night with pizza delivered and work continuing in the mud pits. A group of painters dropped by from Helena, Montana and we had a lovely time with wine and beautifully prepared finger food. Rick and I have been the last ones in the studio at night. Have I ever told ya the story of the young bull and the old bull?

Comments

Dennis Allen said…
So glad you are having fun.
gz said…
A marvellous mix!
Unknown said…
Sounds like you are having a wonderful time...Paul and I miss our visits with you.
All the best - Kristina

PS. Have a glass or 2 of chianti for me!

Popular Posts