More red dirt

We visited another pottery yesterday that had it's start in the 1880's. A couple of whooping big bottle kilns no longer in use. One 120 cubic meters and the other 80 cubic meters. They were still making flower pots coil and scrape. No wheel and yet perfectly symmetrical pots. I like how they treated the rims. For the most part the pots are over decorated but I think this rim treatment is something I want to go home and digest. Speaking of digestion here is Rick beside the Italian version of a Coke machine except it dispenses vino. I truly believe that Canada's liquor laws are antiquated.



Comments

Dennis Allen said…
It's a dirty business but somebody has to do it.
Anonymous said…
By the bottle or the glass?
Annied01 said…
I wouldn't mind one of them in my kitchen, might be just the thing for cocktail hour ...

Popular Posts