Rich man!

In my recent blog post Mr. Prick  ly I excluded my work from the posting. This show was about the mentee's work and not mine  I have had my 15 minutes of glory and I wanted my crew to stand up and take a bow.  Here is a long shot of some of my boats in the show. The boats were a metaphor for the voyage that we had all been on together.
I took a shot of Jen Drysdale's artists statement because I thought in such a few short words it said it all. Why I love wood firing! Wood firing is not for those that need to be in control or be able to predict what something is going to turn out like. It is for those of us that love serendipity and happens chance. I don't want to know what is going to happen in my life and i really don't want to know what is going to happen in the next firing. It is what has kept me in love with this process- serendipity. Here's a picture of me happily unloading our firing. I am a rich man!


Comments

Unknown said…
Your expression captures the feeling we all feel when opening a kiln. Passion is a wonderful thing and it's written all over your face.

Popular Posts