Papa-Omm-Mow-Mow


Papa-omm-mow- mow, papa-omm-mow-mow The funniest sound I ever heard. You can’t understand a single word. If you remember this song you just might have a chance of understanding how my brain works. It is full to the brim of useless information- song titles

, old pizza store phone numbers, jokes, trivia of all sorts.
If you think you can plan your life think again. Life is what goes on while you’re busy planning it. I was going to paint the exterior basement of my house today. It is pissing down rain. No big deal I made pots instead.  Life is not about waiting for the rain to stop but to learn to dance in it. I went for a walk in the rain and found this giant puff ball. No, it is not a loaf of bread, it’s a mushroom. I wasn’t planning mushroom, walnut. olive oil and basil linguini for supper but that is what fell into my lap. I was rewarded for celebrating what the day had to serve up to me.
Once I was asked by a banker to prepare a business plan. I answered “ That’s easy I plan to stay in the pottery business”. That was not the right answer and I didn’t get the line of credit I was after.
How does Bruce Dehnert’s brain work when he is making one of these ingots. He starts off with a plan sorta and then the pieces fall into place. Just like life. It all falls into place when you are busy living it. Sometimes it turns up mushrooms and sometimes it sucks like a lemon. When life serves you up lemons you make lemonade.
 I have one squeezed lemon everyday before my coffee. Mark Twain said “ Eat one live frog each morning and that will be the worst thing that will happen to you all day.”

Today I’m celebrating the rain, being tired post firing, the good food that nature has provided me and the preorder of John Prine’s latest album “For Better or Worse”. Whose gonna take your garbage out when I’m gone? I wish my mind was as clever as his.

Comments

Linda Starr said…
now I'm going to be singing that line all day long, ha

Popular Posts