Western Star

Western Star is my favourite big rig over Peterbuilt, Volvo, Mac and others. If I were a long haul truck driver I'd behind the wheel of a Western Star. There is another up and coming Western Star on the West Coast. Our own Sandy Harquail is giving a workshop at The Hub two weeks before me.
I first met Sandy when we went to Korea around this time two years ago. She came as a member of the London Potters Guild. When we were instructed in a decorative technique by the 5 masters whether it be slip inlay, piercing, puncheong stamping, Sandy's results were almost always the pick of the litter. This is a very talented young potter/artist.
A year later Sandy and her husband moved to Vancouver Island. I made some introductions for her and next I hear she has won a 5 figure cash award for Best in Show at The Saltspring Island Art Show. That's what I call making a grande entrance!!! Nicely done, Sandy.
Sandy is good people and very talented. I think it important that potters have an ability to hand build. You could do no better than to have Sandy as your instructor. Sounds like an awesome workshop. All the best, Sandy. The West got a star when they got you.

Handbuilding Workshop
Using soft slabs to create functional pottery
Dates June 3rd and 4th
Instructor: Sandy Western Star Harquail
Cost: $140 plus clay
Age: 16+
Info: In this two day hands on workshop we will explore how to create functional pottery with soft slabs. We will develop paper templates, use slump and hump molds, and explore a variety of different handle making techniques. The time will be a balance of demonstrations, hands on experimentation, and discussion.
Location: The Clay Hub 2375 Koksilah Rd. Cowichan Station, Vancouver Island.
contact: theclayhubcollective@gmail.com


Comments

Popular Posts