Died and gone to heaven



Grass always made a point of in January and February when the snow was blowing in glorious Ontario of reminding me that he lived in heaven and I didn’t.  What I didn’t know about his heaven that he was holding out on is that Victoria has a Bacon Bar. I was lured in by the chocolate covered bacon with Smarties and Gummy Bears but then noticed the gourmet bacon. I chose bourbon infused, Cajun, French toast and I was so excited I couldn’t remember the other one I chose.
Now the problem was to be able to cook this Breakfast of Champions sent to me from the Gods in a Kosher kitchen. According to Judi bacon had not ever entered the Pearly Gates of Chosin Pottery. Finally, after much arm twisting on my part I was able to fry my bacon if I cooked it myself and did the dishes. That as we all know is just another one of a man’s many jobs in the Job Jar of Life Maintenance.
Hands down the bourbon infused was my favourite.

Here I thought the Wet Coast would be a seafood haven and it turns out I have some ideas for Uncle Donny to capture the growing number of vegetarians that have fallen off the wagon for gourmet bacon. I was presented with this t-shirt by Molly at the Shadbolt Centre. Word of my crusade to bring bacon to the ill informed is spreading quickly. Now, if I can just find a good BBQ smoke shack and some good slaw I’d give this joint a 5 star rating.   



Comments

Penny said…
Tony,
If you ever find yourself even close to East Tennessee try to visit Benton's in Madisonville, TN (about 38 miles south of Knoxville. This is a local guy who just started smoking his own bacon and hams a while back and the rest is history. He ships internationally.

http://bentonscountryhams2.com

Enjoy!
Jeff Brett said…
Tony,
Where is this Bacon Bar? I will be in Vic in a few weeks
Cheers
Jeff
smokieclennell said…
Jeff: If you at at NIC Judi says hi. The Bacon Bar is at The Market on Millstream. Yummy,yummy, yummy! t
John Bauman said…
Gilding the lily if ever was. Bacon is already "gourmet". It needs help like Usain Bolt needs help across the finish line.

I like my bacon naked.
Jeff Brett said…
Thanks Tony. I'm gonna have to check that out
Please say hi back to Judi.
Jeff

Popular Posts