The Dirty Half Dozen

Sam Peckinpaw could afford Lee Marvin, Donald Sutherland, Ernest Bourgnine and company in one of my favourite western's The Dirty Dozen. This weekend I assembled my favourite half dozen to fire off Cassius Clay at Pinecroft. Kiln sailed along well ahead of schedule so we got cocky and stalled it. Well the tempermental ole kiln decided to make us work for the final innings. We had Cone 9 for a little over 10 hours so I think we added a lot of jam to the surfaces of the pots.
The gang insisted that closing all the primaries had the kiln rising and closing the air sent it plummeting. This made absolutely no sense to me as to have combustion you need fuel, air and heat. Without anyone of them you put out the fire. This kiln is well built and pretty tight so where was the air coming from? We finally finished off the firing with 3 primaries open which I can get my head around. I don't want to fire the kiln off in a way that defies logic. This was firing #22 and I am supposed to be understanding it more and more.
Just when you think you know everything there is to know about your kiln the sun comes up and kicks you in the ass.
The gang would like to welcome the addition of Andrea Poorter to The Cactus Lounge Flame Throwers. She narrowly escaped the casting couch and her initial probation by lipping off to The Little Prick.
I'm starting up a Kick Start program to buy them some new clothes. The rips and colour combos make them look like homeless people with smiles.

Comments

Popular Posts